Saturday, December 3, 2011

Stormfront

I went to stormfront.org and started exploring the blog posts and discussion on this white nationalist website.  I couldn’t really find anything related to the topic that I was working on that was located on the main page.  So, I went to the search bar and typed in “blacks” hoping something would come up.  I found a post labeled “Blacks Falsely Accused.”  Since I am focusing on the criminal justice system I thought I would look into this.  The blog consisted of occurrences of wrongly accused black people taking punishment or abuse for crimes that they did not commit.  The African Americans were the ones at the end of the pointed fingers of white people covering up their own mistakes.  Below is just one example:

1923: Fannie Taylor – covered up a violent love affair with a white man by saying that it was a black man who had beat her up. As the story spread, rape and robbery were soon added. Whites burned down the nearby black town of Rosewood, Florida. At least six blacks and two whites were killed.

People within the criminal justice system profile blacks as criminal, violent, rapists.  In this case the “fake” crime began as domestic abuse and then escalated because of the rumors. White people profile others and it then becomes the norm and thus more believable to any other possible story.  Though, it was a white person who was more violent than someone of the black race.  This white man was abusive when white nationalists believe that it is the black man who has animalistic tendencies.  White groups took it upon themselves to bring terrorism to a black town.  This caused harm to multiple people where as the original suspected crime was nowhere near that level in comparison. This group wanted justification for what they did.  They wanted to protect this white woman from the "savage-like" black man and send a message to anyone like him to stay away.  This main point can relate back to any white nationalist regarding white women and a black man situation. I think, the rape and robbery were added to the story to make it more realistic to the public.  This could be seen as a scare tactic for the white population and fuel the white nationalist groups to attack the town.

When I first went to Stormfront.org I was not expecting to find any posts or information that was against the white race. Though I didn’t try and look around too much, I would think that a site whose slogan is “White pride, worldwide” would not have any negative comments about their own race.  Also, the post that I found was from someone with the user name blackwoman22222.  I wouldn’t think that Stormfront, being a white nationalist web page, site would accept a black woman to post on it. No one has responded to it however.  I just thought it was interesting for how much hate these members have that they would allow pretty much anyone to comment and on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment